LST-1081 was laid down on 13 November 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 5 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. L. Davidson, Jr.; and commissioned on 30 January 1945.
LST-1081 was decommissioned on 30 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 2 February 1951, she operated with the Amphibious Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet. She was redesignated Pima County (LST-1081) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in Arizona. The tank landing ship was decommissioned once again on 12 December 1956. Struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958, she was sold in June 1960.