LST-1076 was laid down on 16 March 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 14 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Lillian J. Ostler; and commissioned on 1 May 1945, Lt. Grover L. Rawlings, USNR, in command.
Following World War II, LST-1076 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Page County (LST-1076) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after counties in Iowa and Virginia. Following modernization, she was recommissioned on 28 November 1960. Page County operated with the Pacific Fleet in the ensuing decade, including extensive service in Vietnam. She was decommissioned once again on 5 March 1971 and leased to the Greek Navy where she served as Kriti (L-171).
LST-1076 earned six battle stars for the Vietnam War.