LST-1074 was laid down on 24 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 27 March 1945; and commissioned on 21 April 1945, Lt. John Gay in command.
LST-1074 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 4 September 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Overton County (LST-1074) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in Tennessee. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958.