LST-1073 was laid down on 20 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 22 March 1945; and commissioned on 17 April 1945.
Following World War II, LST-1073 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 5 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was recommissioned on 3 November 1950 and performed extensive service during the Korean War. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Outagamie County (LST-1073) (q.v.) after a county in Wisconsin. She subsequently supported Navy operations in the Vietnam theater. Outagamie County was decommissioned again on 21 May 1971 and transferred to the Brazilian Navy where she saw service as Garcia D'Av-ila (G-28). The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 December 1973.
LST-1073 earned five battle stars for the Korean War and eight battle stars for the Vietnam War.