LST-1067 was laid down on 24 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 27 February 1945; and commissioned on 24 March 1945, Lt. P. H. White in command.
Following World War II, LST-1067 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Nye County (LST-1067) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in Nevada. She was recommissioned on 21 December 1965 and performed service in the Far East. Decommissioned again on 27 March 1967, Nye County was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service. She was later sold to Chile in August 1973 where she serves as Commandante Araya (LST-89).
LST-1067 earned two battle stars for Vietnam service.