Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1062

 

LST-1062 was laid down on 30 December 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 6 February 1945; and commissioned on 5 March 1945, Lt. T. M. Robinson in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1062 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 25 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Pacific Coast Steel Corp. for scrapping.