Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1057

 

LST-1057 was laid down on 17 February 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 31 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. E. W. McKinley; and commissioned on 7 May 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1057 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. She was sold to Pablo N. Ferrari & Co. on 12 January 1948 for operation.