Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1056

 

LST-1056 was laid down on 20 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. W. M. Harrison; and commissioned on 2 May 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1056 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early July 1946. She was decommissioned on 12 July 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 20 January 1947. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947.