Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1054

 

LST-1054 was laid down on 4 February 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. R. L. Stallings; and commissioned on 17 April 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1054 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 June 1946 and sruck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 25 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.