Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1053

 

LST-1053 was laid down on 6 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 6 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. William F. Thorpe; and commissioned on 23 April 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1053 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 3 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 8 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation.