Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1052

 

LST-1052 was laid down on 29 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 6 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. M. M. Lachowski; and commissioned on 15 April 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1052 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 11 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 25 September 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.