Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1051

 

LST-1051 was laid down on 21 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp,; launched on 3 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Charles F. Posten; and commissioned on 7 April 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1051 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 7 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co., for scrapping.