A small lake in Dane County in southern Wisconsin.
(Str: dp. 4.615; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 20'6"; c. 8.5 k.; cpl. 58; a. none)
Lake Yahara, a cargo freighter, was built in 1918 by Chicago Shipbuilding Co., Chicago, III.; operated as an Army cargo transport until acquired by the Navy and commissioned 28 December 1918 at Cardiff, Wales, Lt. Comdr. J. B. Barneson, USNRF, in command.
Operating out of Cardiff, Lake Yahara was assigned to NOTS as a coal transport between British and French ports. On 3 March 1919 she steamed from Penarth, Wales, with 540 tons of Army stores, arriving New York 20 March. She decommissioned 26 March 1919 and was returned to USSB the same day. Lake Yahara was sold to Ford Motor Co. in 1926 and scrapped.