Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1049

 

LST-1049 was laid down on 14 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Walter Malec; and commissioned on 30 March 1945, Lt. Sheldon Potter, III, USNR, in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1049 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She was decommissioned on 18 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 February 1948. On 1 July 1949, the ship was sold to the Townsend Transportation Co., Bayonne, N.J.