LST-1048 was laid down on 7 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. L. P. Struble; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt. Robert G. Stevenson in command.
Following World War II, LST-1048 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 14 May 1946 and assigned to the United States Army. Following the outbreak of hostilities in Korea, she was recommissioned on 26 August 1950 and performed extensive service during that war. The ship was redesignated Morgan County (LST-1048) (g.v.) on 1 July 1955 for counties in 11 states of the United States. She was decommissioned again on 10 May 1956 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service. Struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1959, she was sold to Ships, Inc., Miami, Fla., on 10 June 1960.
LST-1048 earned one battle star for the Korean War.