Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1047

 

LST-1047 was laid down on 9 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. W. Deist; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt Charles G. Wood in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1047 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and transferred to the Army on 25 June that same year. On 29 September 1947, she was struck from the Navy list