Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1046

 

LST-1046 was laid down on 31 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 10 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Florence M. Teepe; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt. R. P. McGhie in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1046 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. The ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., on 25 September 1947 for scrapping.