Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1045

 

LST-1045 was laid down on 22 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 3 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. William G. Rudge; and commissioned on 27 March 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-1045 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 10 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August 1946. On 9 December 1947, the ship was sold to James A. Hughes, New York, N.Y., for scrapping.