Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1043

 

LST-1043 was laid down on 17 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 27 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. George W. Johnston; and commissioned on 24 February 1945, Lt. Clifford Off, Jr., USNR, in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-1043 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 22 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 10 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., of Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.