LST-1035 was laid down on 26 June 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 4 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Ella M. Kelleher; and commissioned on 1 September 1944, Lt. M. Perry in command.
During World War II, LST-1035 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Palawan Island landings—March 1945
Visayan Islands landings—March and April 1945
Tarakan Island operation—April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-1035 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 16 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-1035 earned two battle stars for World War II service.