LST-1034 was laid down on 26 June 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 4 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Edith A. Gannon; and commissioned on 26 August 1944, Lt. (jg.) Paul C. Greenwell, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1034 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early September 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 8 October 1946 and sold to the Netherlands East Indies on 28 October that same year. She was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946.
LST-1034 earned one battle star for World War II service.