LST-1033 was laid down on 9 June 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 9 July 1944; sponsored by Miss Mary Theresa O'Donnell; and commissioned on 12 August 1944, Lt. J. W. Robinson, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1033 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July. She was redesignated LSTH-1033 on 15 September 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 1 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-1033 earned two battle stars for World War II service.