LST-1028 was laid down on 15 May 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 18 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Susanna C. Curran; and commissioned on 7 July 1944, Lt. N. L. Knipe, Jr., USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1028 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landings in January 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December that same year. On 29 August 1947, the ship was sold to the Puget Sound Bridge & Dredging Co., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-1028 earned one battle star for World War II