LST-1026 was laid down on 8 May 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 2 June 1944; and commissioned on 7 June 1944, Lt. R. E. Parker, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1026 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October and November 1944 and the Mindanao Island landings in March and April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 11 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 5 December 1947, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-1026 earned two battle stars for World War II service.