LST-1024 was laid down on 26 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 22 May 1944; and commissioned on 28 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-1024 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October 1944 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 12 March 1948, the ship was sold to Alexander Shipyards, Inc., for operation.
LST-1024 earned two battle stars for World War II service.