Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1023

 

LST-1023 was laid down on 20 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 17 May 1944; and commissioned on 26 May 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-1023 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 18 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation.