LST-1021 was laid down on 18 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 16 May 1944; and commissioned on 21 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-1021 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 24 December 1944. The ship was returned to United States Navy custody and struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1947. On 7 October 1947, she was sold to Tung Hwa Trading Co., Singapore.
LST-1021 earned one battle star for World War II service.