LST-1020 was laid down on 11 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 10 May 1944; and commissioned on 19 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-1020 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-1020 earned one battle star for World War II service.