LST-1014 was laid down on 15 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 16 April 1944; and commissioned on 5 May 1944, Lt. William H. Weldon, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1014 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Leyte landings—November 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-1014 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 17 April that same year. On 12 September 1946, the ship was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., Brooklyn, N.Y.
LST-1014 earned three battle stars for World War II service.