LST-1012 was laid down on 4 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 8 April 1944; and commissioned on 30 April 1944, Lt. Comdr. M. J. Flowers, Jr., USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-1012 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 10 June 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposal that same date. She was struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946.
LST-1012 earned one battle star for World War II service.