LST-1007 was laid down on 8 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 20 March 1944; and commissioned on 15 April 1944.
During World War II, LST-1007 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Tarakan Island operation in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 2 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April that same year. On 12 September 1946, the ship was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
LST-1007 earned one battle star for World War II service.