LST-1005 was laid down on 2 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 11 March 1944; and commissioned on 6 April 1944.
Following World War II, LST-1005 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early 1946. She was decommissioned on 6 April 1946 after removal of all salvageable equipment following damage sustained in beaching operations. Her hulk was later destroyed. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946.