Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-1004

 

LST-1004 was laid down on 26 January 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 3 March 1944; and commissioned on 28 March 1944.

 

LST-1004 performed no combatant service during World War II. She was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 7 February 1947. On 16 October 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.