LST-995 was laid down on 12 March 1944 by the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 2 May 1944; and commissioned on 20 May 1944, Lt. (jg.) G. W. Chamberlin, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-995 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 15 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 4 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Northwest Merchandising Service for operation.
LST-995 earned one battle star for World War II service.