LST-994 was laid down on 12 March 1944 by the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 17 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Lillian A. Finnerty; and commissioned on 17 May 1944, Lt. R. P. Gonder, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-994 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 31 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 23 December 1947, the ship was sold to Pablo N. Ferrari & Co. for operation.
LST-994 earned one battle star for World War II service.