Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-985

 

LST-985 was laid down on 3 January 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 25 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Charles E. Schofield; and commissioned on 7 April 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-985 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 11 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 13 October 1947, the ship was sold to William E. Skinner for scrapping.