LST-984. was laid down on 3 January 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 25 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Charles J. Donahue; and commissioned on 1 April 1944, Ens. E. R. Baker in command.
Following World War II, LST-984 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-March 1946. She was decommissioned on 25 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 19 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., of Houston, Tex., for operation.