Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-972

 

LST-972 was laid down on 21 November 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 22 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret Avery; and commissioned on 22 January 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-972 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. She was decommissioned on 25 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 29 May 1947, the ship was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal.