Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-965

 

LST-965 was laid down on 27 October 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 25 November 1944; and commissioned on 20 December 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-965 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 3 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 23 October 1947, the ship was sold to the Boston Metals Corp., Baltimore, Md., for scrapping.