LST-964 was laid down on 24 October 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 22 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Ailene Borland; and commissioned on 16 December 1944.
Following World War II, LST-964. performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 17 January 1947, the ship was sold to Campania Naviera y Commercial Perez Compano S.A. for operation.