LST-960 was laid down on 11 October 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 8 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Helen Grande; and commissioned on 2 December 1944.
During World War II, LST-960 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 2 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 4 April 1948, she was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-960 earned one battle star for World War II service.