LST-959 was laid down on 6 October 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 4 November 1944; and commissioned on 29 November 1944, Ens. J. H. Giesmann, Jr., in command.
During World War II, LST-959 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-May 1946. She was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 10 June 1948, the ship was stripped and destroyed at Subic Bay, Philippines.
LST-959 earned one battle star for World War II service.