LST-958 was laid down on 3 October 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 31 October 1944; and commissioned on 25 November 1944.
During World War II, LST-958 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 14 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 March that same year. On 20 December 1946, the tank landing ship was sold.
LST-958 earned one battle star for World War II service.