LST-957 was laid down on 30 September 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 30 October 1944; and commissioned on 20 November 1944, Lt. Samuel B. Wardwell, Jr., USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-957 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early October 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 20 May 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 December 1947. She was struck from the Navy list on 22 January 1948.
LST-957 earned one battle star for World War II service.