LST-952 was laid down on 11 September 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 11 October 1944; and commissioned on 3 November 1944.
During World War II, LST-952 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. On 15 September 1945, she was redesignated LSTH-952 and performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early May 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 22 January 1947. On 10 October 1947, the ship was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., Inc., of Philadelphia, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-952 earned one battle star for World War II service.