LST-951 was laid down on 8 September 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 7 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. O. P. Thomas, Jr.; and commissioned on 31 October 1944, Lt. L. J. Kelly in command.
During World War II, LST-951 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. On 15 September 1945, she was redesignated LSTH-951 and performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. She was decommissioned on 8 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 14 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-951 earned one battle star for World War II service.