LST-950 was laid down on 1 September 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 4 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. C. Recca; and commissioned on 27 October 1944.
During World War II, LST-950 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. On 15 September 1945, she was redesignated LSTH-950 and performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 23 September 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 8 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Ships Power & Equipment Corp., of Barber, N.J., for scrapping.
LST-950 earned one battle star for World War II service.