LST-947 was laid down on 18 August 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 23 September 1944; and commissioned on 15 October 1944, Lt. Rudolph Siemsson in command.
During World War II, LST-947 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early July 1946. She was decommissioned on 16 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 October that same year. The ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 December 1947.
LST-947 earned one battle star for World War II service.