LST-943 was laid down on 8 August 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 9 September 1944; sponsored by Miss Margaret Clarke; and commissioned on 30 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-943 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 4 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Moore Drydock Co., of Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-943 earned two battle stars for World War II service.