LST-942 was laid down on 1 August 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 6 September 1944; and commissioned on 26 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-942 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Visayan Islands landings in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. LST-942 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 26 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 10 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., of Houston, Tex., for operation.
LST-942 earned one battle star for World War II service.